Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

People unable to join when ran through ASADM

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello,

I am encountering an issue where no one can join when I run the server through ASADM (They get 'Connection Lost' when trying to join)

If I use the Start.bat file with the server start up command without ASADM everyone can join fine. (This is the same server files/folders that are ran through ASADM, only difference is that I'm not using ASADM)

Any ideas what would be stopping people when it's ran through ASADM?

Many Thanks,

Hello maybe port forwarding?
do you use the same ports with the bat?

The ports forwarded are the same in the Manager settings and the bat

27015, 7777 and 7778

how exactly are you starting it up? im having the same issue and would like to try with the bat file

Hey,

Please follow this Thread in first

and for more detailed help This thread

don't forget the wiki here

Not having knowledge of your network and hardware architecture it is difficult to help you

Can you tell me what you see here?
which ip is selected?

do not rely on the capture normally it must be selected an IP in 192.168.1.xx

can you start cmd and type: ipconfig and verify that this is the correct ip for your network interface?Make sure the ports are open for this address.

Also remember that if you have a dynamic IP Address (if your router is configured in DHCP), that it will change every so often so you'll have to update the port forwarding, unless of course you have a static IP Address.

how-to-set-static-ip-address

Quote from Administrator on 03/05/2024, 7:03 AM

Hey,

Please follow this Thread in first

and for more detailed help This thread

don't forget the wiki here

Not having knowledge of your network and hardware architecture it is difficult to help you

Hello, I did check that post and installed epic games launcher to test if that was one of the issues as well with the certs but had the same results

Quote from Administrator on 03/05/2024, 10:46 AM

Can you tell me what you see here?
which ip is selected?

do not rely on the capture normally it must be selected an IP in 192.168.1.xx

can you start cmd and type: ipconfig and verify that this is the correct ip for your network interface?Make sure the ports are open for this address.

Also remember that if you have a dynamic IP Address (if your router is configured in DHCP), that it will change every so often so you'll have to update the port forwarding, unless of course you have a static IP Address.

how-to-set-static-ip-address

In that section I have selected the device's IP which is also a Static IP

Should I have any extra commands in the extra startup commands field?

Quote from Bubba on 03/04/2024, 10:00 PM

how exactly are you starting it up? im having the same issue and would like to try with the bat file

Hello Bubba,

I use the following in my .bat

Just change ServerName and the Password fields to what you want/leave blank

@echo off

echo ------------------
echo Starting server
echo ------------------
start server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ArkAscendedServer.exe TheIsland_WP?listen?SessionName="ServerName"?ServerPassword=Password? Port=7777?QueryPort=27015? -WinLiveMaxPlayers=20?ServerAdminPassword=Password? -NoBattlEye -mods=""

Okay So it is most likely port related

I have started both to check the command line it uses and the Server Manager is not filling out the ports to use on boot

I have added a screenshot of the command line showing no filled ports and one of the port sections filled in the settings

If I run this via the .bat the ports show in this command line

Uploaded files:
  • No-ports-ASA.png
  • Port-Settings.png

Hello, very strange, I don't have a problem in my development environment, it's very strange

Can you try running the manager as administrator?

Page 1 of 2Next