Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cluster not working properly

Page 1 of 2Next

If I run 1 server its fine. when I try 2 servers only one will show at a time. If i click refresh once or twice it will cycle between the 2 servers however it only shows one at a time. Hope that makes sense. I have the ports set at 7777 for the one server and 7780 on the other.

In this the case you must activate the -MULTIHOME option:

Multihome is for when you are running a cluster of servers from one IP address (using different ports), for example:

• The Island (Port: 7777, Query Port: 27015)
  • Scorched Earth (Port: 7779, Query Port: 27017)
  • Aberration (Port: 7781, Query Port: 27019)

These are all on the same computer so if the server programs used the same ports they would conflict and you wouldn't be able to connect. By specifying Multihome, the programs know you have multiple servers running from the same public IP and so they act differently. But you still need to define each port manually.

Source
@Tsudico

Answer from @koolwater_81

Thanks for the response. So I now have the 2 boxes checked for the multi home. And the ports in my router have been set. And it is still doing the same thing. Flip flops between the 2 servers Everytime I click refresh in server list.

Hey, @arkdex do you have an idea? on the subject

Do I need to add additional IP addresses to the computer or do I just do the multihome?

Normally you don't need two IPs

Thanks. In a fit of rage I deleted everything at 2am. Reset all firewall and deleted all port info. Will try from scratch. Thanks for the info and trying to help me.

Have you configured these ports correctly for both servers?
Server1 (Port: 7777, Query Port: 27015)
Server2 (Port: 7779, Query Port: 27017)

Note that ark consumes one more port so
7777 and 7778 for Server1
and
7779 and 7780 for Server2

Did you manage to get your cluster working?

fresh new computer. tying to cluster 2 servers. Only one shows up at a time by clicking refresh a couple times. Servers called "NeverEndingArk OMEGA" The maps are TheIsland and Forglar. I do have NeverEndingark aswell on another computer. TheIsland port is 7779 and Forglar is 7781 both udp.

Hey and for the query port ?

Page 1 of 2Next