Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't run server and ASA on same PC

Page 1 of 2Next

Server loads fine.  Can join server from PS5.  When I try to join the server from the same PC running the server I am able to join the server then the screen goes black but I can still hear the game music.

hello, can you check the available memory on your computer because the server consumes approximately 9 GB and the game can consume the same. Maybe you don't have enough memory to run both on the same machine which will explain why you can join from the PS5

Hi, my machine has 32GB of RAM.  I can run the server available directly from my Steam Library and play on the same PC without issue.  When doing so I have about 10GB of RAM free.

It seems to have something to do with one of the config files.  I generated a configuration file using this tool and replaced the configuration file for the Steam Server mentioned above.  When doing so I get the same result mentioned in my original post.

Hey, Is the dedicated server is up to date ?

Hi,

I installed for the first time yesterday and was running ver. 1.4.4.6.  It says there is an update available.  I'll update tomorrow evening and see if that fixes the issue.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20240129_185918_Call.jpg

can you look at the server logs and send them to me

Exemple:
C:\xxx\server\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs

Hi,

I am unable to upload the log files because of the file type restrictions.  I uploaded a pic of the error message.  This is from the latest attempt using the up to date version.

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • 20240202_141309.jpg

This looks like a problem with your graphics card, which model do you have? Are your drivers up to date?

I have a RTX4060Ti and the drivers are up to date.

Why does it work when I use the dedicated server from the Steam App but it doesn't work when I use ASA?

Could it have something to do with a config file?

Page 1 of 2Next