Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't join server

Page 1 of 2Next

I get the server to launch and it's locatable in the server list, I can see the mods listed for the server and it makes me down the mods that need to be downloaded. As soon as I click join, I see nothing hit the server CMD window. And then the game just times out for the connection. I tried with and without a password and same result. All ports are open that need to be for the server. 27015, 27020 and 7777. What else could I be missing?

Hello, it seems you forgot port 7778

cwharkey61 has reacted to this post.
cwharkey61

Oh I didn't know that had to be one of the many added to my router settings. So with all the other ports I can see the server but if this one is not enabled, it'll block me from joining the server?

yes this is what is blocking you if you have 7777 which is the default port, you must also open plus 1 -> 7778 for example if you have configured, 7780 You must also open 7781

Vaeroth and cwharkey61 have reacted to this post.
Vaerothcwharkey61

both TCP and UDP

Vaeroth has reacted to this post.
Vaeroth

Here is my table for default ports

note that I did not redirect the RCON port because I do not want to expose it on the internet but if you wish you can also add it

Vaeroth has reacted to this post.
Vaeroth

have all ports opened and it still times out when trying to join the server.

look at your Windows firewall, try to deactivate it just for test before creating rules.

if you have an antivirus with an integrated firewall, also look at that side, keep us informed

Windows (Firewall and Allow Rules)

1. On Windows, click on Start and search for "wf.msc" without the quotes. Right click on it and choose the "Run as administrator" option.
  2. Click "Inbound Rules" on the left panel, then click "New Rule..." on the right panel.
  3. When the New Inbound Rule Wizard opens up, select Port, then Next.
  4. The wizard will present options for choosing the protocol and specifying ports. Select "UDP" and "Specific local ports". List the Query and Peer ports interval, as well the Steam query port, then select Next to continue. Example:
    For a default (one server only) setup list them as 7777-7778, 27015
    For a multiple instance setup like the one listened above, list them as 7777-7782, 9999-10000, 27015-27019, 37015
  5. Select "Allow the connection" and continue with the wizard.
  6. Finally enter a name (required) and a description (optional). It is recommended to append the protocol (UDP or TCP) to the rule name.
  7. If you are using also RCON repeat the above procedure but selecting "TCP" as protocol and the RCON port(s) chosen. Example:
    For a default (one server only) setup list them as 27020
    For a multiple instance setup like the one listened above, list them as 27020-27022, 32330
  8. When finished, you should have a rule for UDP ports in the Inbound Rules section and eventually a TCP one.
  9. If needed it is always possible to change these rules to add or remove ports on your setup needing.
Note: with default Windows settings there is no need to create outbound rules in the "Outbound Rules" section.

Source

So still having the issues. Confirmed the ports on the router were open and then the same ports for the WFW were open as well. I see the server in the in-game list. It makes me download all the mods I have selected for the server, it makes me put in the password. This is being managed at a buddies place on his own server, so it’s not like I am trying to access this on a machine on my own network or same pc. Not sure what else could be creating the issue where my PC can’t be seen accessing the server.

Page 1 of 2Next