Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bugs

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Thank you very much for your testing, your interest in developing new features and your ideas 💡
➡  stay tuned :mrgreen:

ArkDex has reacted to this post.
ArkDex

You are the only one I am helping who is accepting suggestions to improve the program.
I tried to help the others, but they don't accept any suggestions hahaha

So they didn't understand anything about their users' experience, thank you again and the update is live 😉

Test done.
Most of the things I reported before have been fixed, thank you.

The new way of creating SAVE folders is very good.
However, I still see a problem, when I click on Wipe Server it says that the folder does not exist.
If I do the manual Wipe, deleting all the files in the TheIsland_WP folder, the server no longer works.
Since the TheIsland_WP.ark file created by it cannot be deleted, this causes the service to not work.

The most correct option would be to just have the option to create the Map name, this TheIsland_WP.ark file allows the server to create it manually when started.
This works on old Old ASM...
I suggest the last one.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20.png
Administrator has reacted to this post.
Administrator

See if you can see the Video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17z6NSI-PHFPSqqedqml2pBWT0MLV1ObJ/view?usp=sharing
These are my servers that I have and I use everything manually.
Can I delete the ?AltSaveDirectoryName=ASA folder
that every time I turn on the server it will generate automatically, it is a function of Ark.
Maybe there is no need to create a map name and file name.ark.

I believe you only need the option ?AltSaveDirectoryName=xxx to create the folder, the rest of the ark generates it automatically.
Just an idea in case you are going to change, something more practical.

Administrator has reacted to this post.
Administrator

I modified a lot of features related to the map I must have forgotten the wipe I will correct that tomorrow I will look at your post in detail as soon as I have time it's the race at home this evening thank you

I am fully aware that ARK generates the files itself, but the functionality was developed for users who are not familiar with this operation and who do not know what they are doing. all this is also linked to the backup functionality And this prevents problems with missing or non-existent files because I chose to really represent them visually in the datagrid it is above all a functionality which was developed at the beginning for the addition of modded map Then who subsequently evolved. And if user, adds a modded map, he must be aware of knowing its name so that it is used in the launch command line. See this is all related and try to simplify the process.

I answered you quickly, I will look at all this in more detail tomorrow

I understand, yes this issue of adding map is just my suggestion, because in ASM you just need to select the map and start.
When you exit the official maps, you can leave them pre-selected so you can just choose which one you want to start with.
Unofficial Maps, you are correct in having to manually add the name, this is also done in Old ASM.

Whatever you choose is welcome.
Sorry, I use a translator, the words may not come out the way I want them to.

I use a translator too 😅 What is your native language ?

I’ll look at all this tomorrow in peace thanks again

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next