Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ability to cluster servers together

not sure if this is in the roadmap or not because trello wont let me see it, but there needs to be a setting that lets us cluster servers together so that we can transfer characters/items/dinos between servers, especially since the center and scorched earth are coming out soon. i was looking through the screenshots and didnt see anything that would allow that, and i personally just found this server manager program recently so i havent had the chance to use it yet and im not sure if it is already a thing, but i was running ase servers with ASM for years and i had all of the maps running with their own server and the ability to freely transfer between them with one character. i personally hope that you are able to keep this program going and i love the interface and the ease of use that this program has. i also love the dark theme. it makes it easier to read in my opinion.

Hello are you talking about these settings?
otherwise I didn't understand well

it has to do with those settings but it is a setting all on its own where the cross-ark data transfer files are saved under one name that all servers share with a checkbox to force them to that specific directory or file called a cluster id. this allows someone to run multiple servers under the same ip address, on the same machine. when you have multiple servers, one for each map, you need to have a way for them to talk to each other so that you can find it on the transfer list when you click on the transfer to another server button on the obelisks or tek transmitter. i have attached a screen clipping of the setting in asm that i am talking about, and a link for you on server clusters and what they do/how they work. also like i said i havent had the chance to play around with your server manager for asa yet so i dont know if you already have something that does the same thing just named differently or whatnot

Server Clustering and How It Works - RackSolutions

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2024-02-03-155626.png
Administrator has reacted to this post.
Administrator

Great thank you very much it's great I'm looking at all this

and this functionality is not yet implemented 😉

So far, cross has not yet been released in Ark Asa, but as soon as it is released, that's a good thing.

Administrator has reacted to this post.
Administrator

Added to roadmap

Feature Added